Sunday, February 1, 2009

KM shiznit

Kitchen budget ~$2900

Evan is boarding with us again. We're charging him $800 for starting on Feb 2; this comes from $560 being the Sherman person rate (I can explain this to anyone who would like an explanation) and the remaining comes from the 1.5 hrs of workshift per wk that we'll be losing from a non-workshifter boarding. It should technically be 3 hrs BUT Maggie and I felt it ludicrous to charge $1100 for the semester, esp. since Kim only charged him $650 last semester.

Guilia's sister most likely will board with doing workshift. We're gonna charge her $300 if she starts Monday. Again, I can explain my rates to anyone who wants to know.

A lot of my job is behind the scenes. My main duties are:
-ordering food on the CK system on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, plus turning in sheets to CK personally on Mondays
-going to meetings
-sending emails (this is how we've been trying to get boarders) and communicating with CK about lost/incorrect orders
-creating menus: Maggie and I split it half and half - she takes a few days and I take a few to work on

Whenever I'm around at dinner I check on the cooks at least once during the middle of their shift to see if they need help. If cooks haven't done so I put meat to defrost in the fridge or soak beans. Or Maggie does this, whoever gets to it first. I put out plates and silverware if that hasn't been done already. I've been on pest-clean-up duty this weekend, getting rid of ants from our bread area. I try to find things to clean or clear here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment